Google
 

Sunday 8 July 2007

The one-winged angel.

Today I will tell you a beautiful story my grandfater told me once when I was a small kid. I got bullied at school for being gay, which I am not. Boobs rock. Anyway, it taught me a wise lesson...

---

The one-winged angel.

It was a day like any other in heaven. Rainbows all across the sky, birds twittering happily and people and angels cheering in the clouds. Deer drank from the bubble gum rivers and poo was made of chocolate.

This would have been a great day for anyone, but not for Ishmiel, the young angel. He sat in the darkest corner of his room (which was still pretty bright; heaven, eh?) and looked sad. He had tried to fly so often now, but every time he tried he just crashed down on the floor (which was still a soft crash; clouds, you see?). The reason of his problems? He had only one wing...

He peered out of the window at his friends, who flew like birds. He envied them so much. Why was he such an abomination? What had he done wrong? He smashed his fist on the flour and little pieces of cloud flew up. There would be only one who could possibly answer his question. God.

He walked up the Cloudy Stairs to God's palace. The stairs were huge, since angels could fly up anyway, but poor Ishmiel had to walk all of the 5 miles alone.

Finally, he had reached the mighty palace and entered God's throne chamber. There He was, magnificent, muscled and with long white hair. God smiled upon Ishmiel and beckoned him over.

"Come closer, my son. I know why you are here." he spoke calmly.

Ishmiel walked up to the throne, his malformed wing flapping spastically. He felt disgraced and angry, but also comforted by God's calm voice. He looked up and saw that God had reached out his hand for him.

God took Ishmiel on his nap and stroked his hair.

"You smell nice." he said.

Ishmiel looked confused, then asked: "Why am I so malformed, God? Why are the others all so perfect while I have to do with one wing?"

God coughed.

"Ahh, so that... I mean, I knew that was why you're here. Come now, get off my nap and I will show you."

Ishmiel took God's hand and in an instance, they were outside. God slowly walked up to a group of angels.

"Don't worry, Ishmiel. They can't see us now. You don't have to be afraid of them making fun of your silly wing."

Ishmiel watched his friends play, flying about happily, throwing a ball.

"Why couldn't I just be perfect like them, God? Why did you make me different?"

God smiled and pointed at one of the angels.

"Do you see Aerziel? He is happily playing with his friends, but he has a bad liver. He won't stand a good drinking fight."

"And do you see Aesheera? She may seem perfect right now, but in a few years she will realise she is infertile."

"And take a look at Turiel. He seems happy, but in fact he feels miserable because of his malformed penis."

God snapped his fingers and they were back in the palace. He smiled warmly upon Ishmiel.

"So you see, my son. I mess up all the time. You're gonna have to deal with your problems like a real man, because I'm rather busy right now. Here, take this flyer, baseball cap and this bag. I think it even has a nice pen in it. Off you go, now!"

And with a snap God zapped Ishmiel back to his room..

"God? Your boy is here." One of the guards spoke.

"Ahh yes. Come sit on my nap, my son." he spoke warmly.

"You smell nice."

---

After hearing this story, I punched my grandfather, shouting at him I'm not gay and that the story doesn't apply to me. But well, at least I learned a lesson which can be of importance to the rest of you.

Not everyone is perfect. We were created in His image, which means God isn't perfect either. We have to accept who we are.

Cheers,
Wow!ter

Note: Allah is in fact perfect, unlike the corrupted God western dogs believe in. May the pigdogs bow dow before Allah's might!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok that was standard drivle packaged in a funny story. The message just begs a lot of questions. First off, to accept yourself you have to know who you are. Assuming that is possible, it is still quite a big problem for a lot of people, as not everyone has a clear perspective of themselves. But ok, lets assume everyone basically knows who they are. Doesn't accepting yourself mean there is no reason to change yourself? And does taking the idea of accepting your own vices and virtues not also mean accepting others for who they are? If the answers are both yes, which seems evident (although I'm happy to hear otherwise), doesn't that mean that what is generally considered to be bad, like Hitler, should be accepted? Which in turn means that morality means nothing. Or are you in fact talking about tolerating yourself, which would avoid all these pitfalls? Just want to know how you think about these points.

Wouter said...

Kinda wanted to show the world that it's not balanced nor fair. It's random, chaotic and you've got to make the best of what you have.

Cheers, mate!
Wow!ter

P.S. Also wanted to diss God for some stuff he did to me. But we're cool now.

esje said...

aant genieten van jou blog en niet mijn respect voor je aant verliezen.. :)

en idd BOOBS ROCK :D

see u at work